Haloumi Harissa Salad by MasterChef Contestant Pia Gava
Pan-fried Haloumi Harissa SaladIngredients:
- 10-12 slices haloumi
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthways (approx 5cm)
- 2 red capsicum, roasted, peeled & sliced
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced or in wedges
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp Josh & Sue Rose Harissa, or to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over a medium heat, add red onion & Rose Harissa and cook through until slightly softened.
- Add the zucchini and cook approx 3 min until slightly softened, add the roasted red capsicum and cook for a further 3-5 min. Finally add the tomatoes and cook approx 3 min. Remove from saucepan and place on plates ready for the haloumi.
- Leave the cooking juices from the vegetables and Rose Harissa in the pan and add a little extra olive oil and heat. Place the sliced haloumi in the same pan and fry on both sides. When the haloumi is golden brown on both sides but still soft in the middle, place on top of the plates vegetables.
- Serve with parsley leaves and a final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.