Zingy Ginger & Pork Pan-Fried Dumplings
We love a recipe that gets the whole family together. This is a great one to involve your little ones, helping them to learn more about food, cooking and to just have some fun with it. The end result is a fun shared eating experience for everyone. These zingy ginger & pork dumplings are served with the delicate & fragrant NOGO Ginger Sauce, found inside the latest Discovery Box.
Zingy Ginger & Pork DumplingsIngredients:
- 30 dumpling wraps (gow gee pastry)
- 250g pork mince (can also be chicken, beef or prawn)
- 1/4 cabbage (common), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 tb soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tb sesame oil
- 1/2 tb garlic infused olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/2 bunch spring onion (green part only), finely chopped
- 2 tb NOGO Zingy Ginger Sauce
- Heat garlic infused olive oil in pan, add cabbage, half of the spring onion and oyster mushroom and season with salt and pepper. Cook until wilted. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool for 10mins.
- Add pork mince, chilli flakes, soy sauce, sesame oil, NOGO Zingy Ginger Sauce and the remaining spring onion to cabbage mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Place a ball of ½ tablespoon of filling in the centre of the dumpling wrapper. Brush wrapper’s edges with water.
- Fold wrapper in half and pinch the centre.
- Wet reverse edges with water and fold 3 pleats.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Heat oil in large pan, place dumplings with flat side down and cook until bottom becomes golden brown.
- Pour ¼ cup of water and close the lid immediately to let it steam for 2-3 minutes until dumpling wrapper is cooked.
Share this post: