Pumpkin, Pomegranate & Haloumi Salad
This delicious warm salad makes a great gourmet lunch or the perfect side to a roast chicken or fish main.
Side note: The highlighted Australian ingredients are featured inside our Discovery Boxes, as we love showing you ways to use your box. You can substitute these with other quality products.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large bunch kale, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 large pomegranate)
- 180g haloumi, thickly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup Pimp My Salad super seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Cook quinoa in vegetable stock according to package directions
- Place butternut squash in a roasting pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil over the head of garlic and wrap in a piece of alfoil. Add it to the roasting pan and bake for approx 40 mins. Remove the garlic and butternut squash from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Cut off the top of the garlic head and squeeze all of the softened garlic into a mixing jug. Whisk in the lemon juice, maple syrup and mustard then whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you’re using the haloumi, pan fry the slices over a medium heat until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the kale and quinoa with about 3/4 of the dressing.
- Finally, add roasted squash and pomegranate seeds to the kale mix; toss together to combine, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl, and sprinkle with your Pimp My Salad super seeds, haloumi slices and a final drizzle of the dressing.