Table Talk – November 2015
I hope you have lots of energy and a sense of adventure this month as November is jam packed full of foodie events waiting for you to discover.
As the weather is really starting warm up, weekends beckon for exploring the outdoors and eating outside. If you live in Sydney & are stuck for picnic locations, read our article ‘Best Picnic Spots in Sydney‘ to discover some popular spots as well as some hidden gems.
We hope this months edition of Table Talk inspires you to do something different & visit an event or a part of your own city which you’re yet to explore.
- #EtsyMadeLocal Markets – Sydney & Melbourne
- Eat Street Markets – Brisbane
- Gourmet Escape Festival – Margaret River
- x2 Wine Festivals in Sydney
- Good Food Month – Melbourne
#EtsyMadeLocal – Sydney & Melbourne
At foodies agenda we are huge fans of Etsy. We just love supporting small local businesses & entrepreneurs and couldn’t be more excited to hear that there are 2 events this month, one in Sydney and the other in Melbourne. These markets will provide the perfect opportunity to grab some handmade gifts for your loved ones this Christmas (yes I said it, Christmas!).
- On the 28th November at the Seymour Centre in Sydney, Etsy’s Local Christmas Market will showcase some of the finest makers, collectors, artisans and designers in Sydney, plus an extravaganza of delicious food trucks, entertainment and workshops
- Melbourne will also host a Etsy Local Made Market on the 28th November featuring independent Melbourne sellers focusing on jewellery, art, craft & more.
Eat Street Markets – Brisbane
The Eat Street Markets in Hamilton, Brisbane operate every Friday & Saturday night (4-10pm) providing diners a plethora of choice from street food truck vendors & stall holders. Ease into the weekend by the foreshore, listening to live music and now featuring a pop up drive-in outdoor cinema! The Eat Street Markets is a licensed event and even allows your pooch to join you for the night out.
Gourmet Escape Festival – Margaret River
This is one of my bucket list events. From the 20th – 22nd November the Gourmet Escape Festival takes over the stunning Margaret River attracting superstar chefs from all four corners of the globe. The extensive program features unique food & wine events, cooking masterclasses, workshops, food photography classes etc at participating wineries. This event provides the perfect opportunity to explore this beautiful region of Western Australia and nearby Perth.
Not 1, but 2 Wine Festivals this month in Sydney!
Yes, for all you wino’s out there, there are 2 awesome wine events to choose from this month.
- Vino Paradiso opens for its 2nd year in Sydney, this time in the Rocks. From the 6th – 8th November Vino Paradiso will take visitors on a journey through 130 stalls, featuring 80 wineries, 1000+ wines from 32 iconic regions. The event is free to enter, however to fully participate you need to purchase one of their festival packages which include a festival wine glass & festival currency to buy food and drinks. Oh & if you’re more of a beer, cider & spirit drinker, you’ll be well looked after here too.
- Wine Island looks to be an incredible event on Clarke Island, Sydney Harbour, however if you haven’t bought tickets already, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the event has already sold out. From Friday 13th – 15th November the island will turn into a wine lovers paradise featuring modern-day winemakers, sommeliers & chefs. If you have missed out on tickets, this is one event to note in your diary for 2016.
Good Food Month – Melbourne
Melbourne, it’s your turn to play host to Good Food Month.
From the 1st – 30th November 240 events will take place across Melbourne City and regional areas. There will be a variety of masterclasses, tastings, markets, special events..even raves!
- The Night Noodle Markets are back for 18 nights from the 12th – 29th November. There will be 56 stalls and 3 bars lighting up the banks of the Yarra River at Birrarun Marr.
- Sweetfest – 28th -29th November will be a celebration of all things sweet whether they’re baked, fried, whipped, iced and of course colourful! Learn how to make Katherine Sabbath’s Lollypop Cake or Harajuku Hamburger Cupcakes + other super sweet & innovative creations from other sweet masters. Each day has 2 sessions and is only $20pp.
Quote Of The Month:
People who love to eat are always the best people
by Julia Child
Have a fab food filled month all!